Beach Volleyball is returning to La Fonda!
Many years ago, the famous Estero Beach Volleyball tournament was held at this location in LA Mision, about an hour south of the border. There’s onsite camping, affordable hotel rooms looking out over the beach and ocean, and a second to none Bar/restaurant where we will have the mother of all fiestas. (actually there are several). You can walk up from the beach to get a margarita during the side change. Everything is very close with secure parking.
Play starts at 10am saturday so you can drive down Saturday AM with no traffic. Stay saturday and sunday night so your drive back is easy.
Please rate yourself A (plays at least once a week), B (1-2 times a month) or C (knows how to pass but doesn’t play much)
Details on the event include:
• Tournament entry includes tee $30 per person before sept. 20th, $40 after. Pre reg to make sure and get your tee.
• Prizes by PLASTIC, Kamena Outdoor, The beach shack, Hotel La Mision, The lighthouse, and other local retaurants and bars. More info on other sponsors to come.
• Doubles weighted draw format – if you suck then you’ll play with someone good. They wont complain because you are teammates for the weekend!
• Camping on the bluff/beach
– Saturday pool play
– all players can hit and block
– Saturday fast scoring, sunday all Old rules- sideout
– call your own/crowd participation encouraged
– this is a FUN tournament, if there is a question, replay.
The proceeds will go to a local Orphanage door of faith https://www.dofo.org/